View Single Post
Old 9th February 2020, 17:55   #1
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

Default Nearly lost my Rover today!!!!

Yes, it came very close:-

about 11am this morning we had a flash flood that flooded our property within minutes. My wife tried to rescue our Suzuki Splash parked at the other side of the BMW in the photo. It started even though there was about 4 inch of water in the front footwells. However, she put it into reverse but there was no drive so she had to abandon it.

My 75 was parked at this side of the BMW, luckily facing the other way. The rear doors were submerged, and the water level was at the front doors when I jumped in, there was a bit of a bow wave that splashed in when I shut the door, but she started up and drove out. I checked the rear carpets and all was well. I opened the boot (which was well under) and not too bad at all. Just felt a bit damp right down under the spare tire. I dried it with a towel and all is well.

When the water level went down, I lifted the bonnet of the Suzuki and removed debris etc and tried starting it. It started but still has no drive, clutch most likely drowned. It also has no power steering.

If my Rover hadn't driven out it would have been written off for sure. The insurance company says the Suzuki could be a write off as it's a 14 plate.

The front end of the Silver Audi in the pic nearly set on fire when he tried to drive it out. The rear footwells were full of water and drowned the wiring under the seats!

Some water entered our front door, so we had to pull up the carpet and throw it out, wash the floor with a bleach solution and start drying it out with our dehumidifier. VERY lucky with the house too. It could have been FAR FAR worse, I mean I could have lost my Rover!!!!

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote