View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:14   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
So I parked behind this Vauxhall estate at B&Q yesterday, and was amazed to see, when the guy opened his tailgate, to see a 2nd set of rear light clusters inside the boot

I'm going to embarrass myself here by failing to see whatever it is that's blindingly obvious, and hypothesise that I wasn't in fact hallucinating because of COVID or something, and Vauxhall do in fact provide their estate cars with lights you can use when driving home from B&Q with an overstuffed boot, and can't get the tailgate down
brave man going there lol - I hate that area, though that car park isnt too bad, the Tesco side is awful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder why they designed the car like that? It is not as though it creates more space for the opening. I can only think it is easier to press the side panels without the closing curve at the rear. It makes the tailgate heavier, therefore heavier duty struts, plus the additional rear lights, ie extra costs, plus if they could do the closing curve, it would make the rear panel more substantial and vibrate less?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote