View Single Post
Old 10th January 2007, 19:12   #20
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Interesting thread this is.. my 75 has been suffering from lumpy running (at about 1500 revs) and at tickover. But this only happens from time to time (but daily). I used to fill up with Diesel at Sainsburys. Then last week I filled up at a BP station and put some REDEX Diesel performance stuff in it that also cleans injectors atc... I have noticed very little difference only that my MPG seems to have improved. A shame really because I had hoped it would have cured the lumpy running forever......

Then the other day I noticed that the lumpy running never appeared at all, but that it was a warmer day (about 11 degrees).

Could it be the MAF? If someone could tell me (or show a pic) where the sensor is, I'll unplug it to see if she runs smooth again.

Is the MAF sensitive to the outside temperature?

cheers
Alan

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote