View Single Post
Old 19th December 2018, 22:28   #6
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Sometimes, it's almost as if, by overtaking a line of trucks at a nearly legal speed, you are deliberately trying to frustrate their ambition to drive their whole journey in the middle lane at 85. I've had them sit on my tail, flash their lights and do that for nearly a mile, before there is reasonable space between trucks for me to pull in without too much risk that I will get stuck there. Then they fly past on full, power, sometimes giving you the fingers or a honk. The fact that there is a 3rd lane with much less traffic, does not appear to register with them. One such driver went past me, then slowed down next to the truck in front of me, so I couldn't over take it. When I moved into lane 3 to overtake him, he baulked me in lane 3. I am not a middle lane hogger, and try to be considerate of those who want to drive faster than me, but neither do I allow myself to be bullied into situations that force me to brake, swerve or otherwise have to take avoiding actions. I do the same 30 mile M6 commute daily, you get to know the good guys and the bad ones.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote