View Single Post
Old 11th October 2020, 13:24   #704
Steamdrivenandy
Avid contributor

Thinking on

Default Need justification

For the last couple of years we've been running a Yeti and a Mk 7 Transit campervan. Come lockdown and we decided to drop down to one vehicle as the Tranny was showing its age and Mrs SDA had fallen out of love with it. The PCP contract on the Yeti was drawing to a close and we were made an offer we couldn't refuse on a Skoda Scala SEL 1.0 DSG with full glass rear hatch. A very underrated model IMO.

We've also downsized the house to a mews barn conversion but have upsized to a larger double garage. Mrs SDA suggested that I get a classic car to nurture, in place of the Transit and at first my mind went to sports cars, but then practicality came to the fore and the need, at times, to transport our bearded collie. So estates became a focus and after discounting a Morris Minor Traveller there was really no other estate that appealed than the 75.

I'm using this excellent forum to build my knowledge and keeping a watchful eye out for what might be a suitable vehicle. Having 'run away' from a 12 year old Transit that was starting to show a propensity to rust, I'm now thinking of buying an even older vehicle. Not much sense in that, but I hope Rover panels are less prone to bubble than Ford's Turkish steel.

As I mention elsewhere, one of our new neighbours runs an orange V8 Mustang of a couple of years old and I'd just love to see their faces if I could find a good V8 75 Tourer. I can dream and will probably settle for a more lowly model.
Steamdrivenandy is offline   Reply With Quote