View Single Post
Old 1st December 2019, 19:31   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Default Left hand drive project

Presenting my newist addition.

I was kindly gifted this car by Richard Muller, and I aim to keep it in good condition along with being my holiday car for Europe. My full hearted thanks for him giving me the car for free as I know its been with his family for over 15 years.

Yes its left hand drive, diesel, automatic and connoisseur se, and only 118000 miles on her with some nct on it even!

Royal blue on the outside and beautiful sandstone leather inside, with aircon, cruise control, all the toys and the fancy sat nav / TV also.

Autoline have been great to allow me to insure it on vin number until I get it on a UK mot. And so begins the process of UK registration which may be interesting this close to brexit.

The car was originally a UK registered left hand drive example, before moving to France and then Ireland before coming into my care in last few days.

Interesting history on the car, Richard owned it from new, picking it up when mg rover went under in 05, however this car was earmarked to become a long wheel base limo 75 according to Richard.

As the company went under so did the deal with Mcneill who did the conversions and this car sat and sat until it was auctioned off with some notes inside indicating its plans for rebuilding.

Obviously I've taken ownership to make the most of my family holidays in Europe, but I also aim to tidy the car up a little, fit an android head unit, reversing camera and alpine spec tyres for my trips to the in-laws Hotel in the Austrian Alps.

But anyways, here you go, if I have it on UK plates for next meet I will bring it out as its very strange sitting in a left hand drive 75 when my instincts are reach for heater etc with my left hand after over a decade of ownership!

Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote