View Single Post
Old 18th November 2019, 14:48   #25
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Ian - in my experience Caravan Forums are infested with oddballs whose aim in life is to be offended. We caravanned for many years and loved it. But by heck some that we met were a rum lot and those that frequent the caravan forums are even odder.

I made the mistake once of saying I liked caravanning because we have dogs and they enjoy it too. The vitriol and spite that then erupted against dogs was amazing.

Later - after I posted that we had placed our caravan on a seasonal pitch (my MiL was ill and we cared for her so doing this suited our needs) - some “caravaners” on the forum were really quite nasty in their comments because from their limited viewpoint - as I no longer toured - I wasn’t “one of them”.

I quite forcibly agreed and told them to get a life - and guess what! - I received a message from a mod remarkably similar to the one you received Ian.

Some caravanners are a truly sad bunch....

We have been caravanning for just over fifty years. For as long as we have had the kids we have had a border collie. You are so correct there are so many people who just hate dogs.
On one site we visited in South Wales they were fantastic insisting we took Clyde up to the pool with us and not leave him in the car or van. They insisted that he come to the pub where dogs were not allowed at night Clyde just slept under the table in the pub and lay beside my sun lounger at the pool.
But some caravaners just hate dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote