Thread: Rover 75 V8
View Single Post
Old 15th October 2019, 19:36   #20
BigBen
Loves to post

R75 V8 Tourer, CDTi Auto Tourer (both Connie SE), MG ZT-T 190+, MG TF 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Yes -I've viewed #595 in Biddestone, and can give you a condition report on it if you like:-

It's missing the bumper surround aswell(!) It has had new brakes and tyres all round, and a very comprehensive service history. Mechanically it seems very sound. It has the original exhaust system and although starting to show it's age it's still good and solid.

The mirrors (non powerfold) aren't working and the chrome covers are quite pitted. It has cruise, traction control, electric (drivers memory) seats, rear parking sensors, self dimming mirror and rain sensing wipers (all working). There are quite a few stone chips on the bodywork (one or two on the bonnet have some surface rust) and some tiny areas dabbed (badly) with touch-up paint. The near-side plastic roof channel finisher is lifting at the front, and beginning to discolour. The IPK is practically unreadable.

It's not as high spec as the one near me, either - no sunroof, xenons, headlamp washers or rear blind. Airbag light is on (probably the under seat connector) Also the rear folding seat won't lock on the drivers side (think it just needs some lube and "encouragement"), also due to being registered really late it's in the higher tax bracket.

He told me the only reason he bought it was because his son said it would be a good short-term investment. (get the feeling it's not his cup of tea).

So IMO he would have to drop the price again for me to be properly interested, given that he is asking more than they are for the one near me and #648

I don't think he'll come down in price, either, as he kept banging on about how someone in New Zealand is constantly hounding him to send it out there... but he doesn't want to...

[SIGPIC]https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/image.php?u=23989&type=sigpic&dateline=1467731033[/SIGPIC]

Past cars:-
BL: Discovery 3.1 & V8 2WD pick-up, Rover 800 Vitesse Turbo Coupe, 820 SLi 180 Fastback, 600ti, Montego 2.0EFi VDP, Ital 1.3 Estate
Ford: Transit Cosworth V6, Granada 2.9 V6 Scorpio & 2.8 V6 GL
Volvo: 480 Turbo & 1.7 ES, 240 GLE
Porsche: 944 2.7 Lux
Audi: 100 ESE 20v
Peugeot: 405 1.9 GR
Talbot: Alpine 1.6 Rapier S

Last edited by BigBen; 15th October 2019 at 19:44..
BigBen is offline   Reply With Quote