View Single Post
Old 7th January 2016, 16:13   #7
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

So I'm now going through the DVSA with a complaint against the MOT Station.

Hi, I know it drives you mad when obvious things are passed that should have been failed, but when my car was tested, the ABS and SRS lamps where not visible, and without a second thought, it passed despite seeing speed sensors at each wheel, and ABS modulator and SRS on no less than 4 obvious areas visible at any service or inspection. I decided to make some enquiries at the test centre. They were dismissive of my account, I offered photos of the taped over warning lights in the spedo housing but they were uninterested and told me to take it up with the seller of the car who isn't a tester, who didn't pass it!
I then did some research, and the ruling about this puts the car owner in a position where the car is re-tested by the then Vosa, and if it failed, you lost the car until it was mended and re-tested. The responsibility would lay with you to deal with the whole job from start to finish. And the likely effect would amount to a black mark against the tester and or VTS. I decided to fix all of the faults over a time and budget, and got tests done at Nationally recognised test centres since where they are more observant of issues and consequences of bad judgement or negligence.

Think before you do it, as it could go on for a long time with no car, and cost considerable sums to put right.Good Luck...........
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote