View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:37   #10
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
Front ones can cause damage to the paint work on the wing and leading edge of the sill as the water drains down behind them. I fitted them to my previous car and found that all the dirt built up behind them. My current had them fitted in the past but the previous owner removed them for the same reason and there is slight damage to the paint.

I also found, with the ZT, that going over speed ramps that I was forever scuffing them so they quickly got damaged.

They did however prevent the spray from going all up the doors in wet weather.

I do think they finished off the bottom of the wing but just not the best of designs.

I didn't see much benefit to be gained from the rear mudflaps
Personally, I think they look great and really finish the car off . BUT, all the points made by Kelvo above are right, so you need to keep a close eye on them, make sure they're fitted good and tight, and pay close attention when cleaning the car. Mine have been on for some 10 yrs now with no issues, but they're not really "fit and forget".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
When I was having some paint done to the bottom of one of my wings after a badger committed suicide by rover I asked about having them removed. The paint man, who is really good, reasoned that removing them would leave holes where the screws were which in time would become rust catalysts. I've left mine on.
If they're OEM ones and have been fitted correctly, there shouldn't be any additional holes in the bodywork

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote