View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:21   #414
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Owned the house.............................

......................................... 3 months now. Where has that gone? Only seems like yesterday I started house hunting. And where has the 15 months gone since I left dear old Barkingside. Feels like I have been here ages. Still discovering things in the house, like found another 3 power points in the kitchen in cupboards, no idea what they are for but they are live.

Miss ole Redfive as my workhorse, Bear works fine but guzzles the gas too much. Went around to Debbies this morning to collect more hardcore expecting it to be in bags but it was all loose. We put about half in the car but that will be the last time. Spent 2 hours cleaning the inside out, dust everywhere. I’ll still take the hardcore but not in the Bear anymore.

I know it’s not perfect but I’ve managed to get my back gate on. The frame was already made. So I bought some hinges and a sliding bolt lock this morning. Got the frame lined up using a couple of bricks to hold it in place. Got both sets of hinges in place before I snapped the drill bit. Popped along to Screwfix and bought another 3, not realising their is two drills in each packet. Still you cannot have enough drill bits.
As for the centre section on the gate, I took the old trellis apart and screwed the two sections on to the frame. Not perfect I know but it will hopefully stops someone’s dog leaving me parcels.

Think it must be someone who lets their dog off of the lead and late at night. It’s only been happening in the last 10 days, so either someone new to the area or someone taking a different route. Still hopefully my barrier will stop it happening again.
Planted out some more bulbs, Lady of the night Tulips, Snow Crocus, Snowdrops,
Honey bells and Snakes Head Fritillary’s. Re-located 6 Gladioli to the front of the house. Re-sited some of the strawberry plants. Once the greenhouse is sorted then I’ll growing all sorts of stuff.

I phoned Michael to wish him well for his eye op today. He apologised for being a pain on our holiday up to Ledbury a few weeks ago. Transpires it was a serious problem at his workplace, some of the blame was put onto Michaels shoulders but he had done no wrong. Hopefully it’s all now sorted and he will be back to his old self.
Going up in a few weeks time, going to a surprise birthday party, the chap who’s birthday it is has just returned from living in Australia. He has lived there for over 60 years. Been back once, and that was the last time I saw him over 30 years ago.

We’ve kept in touch, birthdays, Xmas cards and suchlike plus the occasional phone call. We did try the ole webcam but I could never get it to work right. Still we got a laugh out of it.
I’m not sure why he has returned to the UK after all of these years but I expect I’ll hear all about it.

Well that’s me lot for now.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote