Thread: EU vote?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 06:13   #19
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Out for me, I'm more concerned about what it will be like in 20 years when my children have to compete in the big wide world. Our population is now almost 65 million, 5 million of that total has been since 2002 according to Radio 2 yesterday, doesn't matter what way you look at it that rate of immigration to an island can only end one way.

Our door needs closing so we can build some homes for the people already here. No point letting more people in when we can't house the ones already here

The government could use some of the £350 million they will be saving a week to build some new affordable housing, and it should only be available to people who have resided here for 15yrs at least. That would stop all this buying from abroad overnight.
I agree with you but one of the Scandinavian countries (not sure which one) has a trade agreement with the EU but the caveat is they must have an open border policy. Even if we leave we will be tied in a similar way when we want to trade with the EU.
I am fed up of listening to it too, I wonder if we'd get our fishing waters back?