View Single Post
Old 10th October 2014, 11:27   #858
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Well I understand your points, but Scotland has appeared to benefit most from the Barnett formula, lord Barnett has said publicly it was never intended to be a long time solution,it should be scrapped and new arrangement made.
As to Wales and Northern Ireland I am sue they will be involved in any new arrangements on a fair basis.
Some may argue that its time for Ireland to be whole again and given its increasing republican numbers maybe a referendum might be called for there too, but I couldn't possibly comment on that.
England may have done things in its past to the other nations which were cruel and unjust, but it can't be expected to be the villain forever and keep paying danegeld.
A fair and equitable solution needs to be found it may not offer all that any of the nation would wish for, but that is the nature of a compromise.

I will be listening carefully to what then parties have to say prior to the next election before deciding who get my vote it won't be ukip or any other nationalistic group promising to solve all ills by sweep of the pen and banishment of any who do not fit the criteria.
Democracy has hard won and deserves to be treasured vote in all elections or be a sheeples as a wag recently stated in response to a earlier post of mine.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote