View Single Post
Old 8th November 2019, 20:28   #41
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thanks lads.

Well! The MGB nearly turned out to be a Ford Capri

I have just literally got back home from looking at a 1978 Ford Capri with a gorgeous 70's red interior, it was only a 1.6GL, but what a marvellous 5 hours the wife and I just had.

Its been 23 years since I drove a Ford Capri, and its was everything I remember it to be, we were catapulted back in time, it was like time stood still for a moment.

For a 41 year old car she was in great shape, solid underneath, all work had been done regarding rust and welding, just some surface rust on the body here and there, that was all.

However! The blooming brakes didn't work she even has an MOT till next year, WTF? I reckon the brake servo needs replacing, or a complete brake system overhaul. The seller is going to try and get it sorted and let me know, I haggled on the price, but he wants to get the brakes sorted and keep the asking price as is, otherwise it would be sat on my drive now.

I'm really gutted, I really thought I would be driving home in a Capri tonight, what a wonderful feeling it would have been, it still may happen if they can get the brakes sorted and keep me informed, watch this space...

Otherwise its back looking at MGB's.

Last edited by Dallas; 8th November 2019 at 21:48..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote