View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 20:58   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
Yes, if it's signed that's a different matter. I am just talking private houses.
If you parked across my driveway, you would return to your car to find you were parked between two cars an inch from either bumper.

I was going out about three weeks back, when somebody did just that.....parked across the driveway while I was reversing off the drive, running away with what was obviously a bag of takeaway, shouting I won't be long

He was still there two hours later after I'd returned home, having taken another of the fleet leaving the ZT and the 75 parked bumper to bumper.

It is quite simple, if a driveway is unoccupied, then you may park over it, but I always make a conscious effort to park considerately, so never do so.

Anyway, when it comes to indicating my intentions, I only do so if there are other road users to warn of those intentions, mirror, signal, manoeuvre, not I'm indicating so I'm going to pull out regardless of traffic.

Indicators are not an instruction, merely an indication of what you intend to do, and are often misused, and signalling for the sake of it is not necessary.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote