View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:11   #7
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

So we've established that the dampers are the same on all 1800s and that Green/Brown springs are 8mm longer than yellow/green, possibly because of the extra weight of the autobox.

That length difference doesn't sound critical and I would be surprised if it were even noticeable on the car. (At the same time I do realise there must be a good reason why Rover built them this way.)

I am thinking of buying the full strut assemblies incorporating the yellow/green springs while at the same time buying a pair of Rover original green/brown springs separately, swapping them over on the struts, and selling the yellow/green springs to recoup some money.

For safety, I'll probably pay a local garage with the right equipment to do the spring swap.

Are there any experts on the site that can advise if this actually necessary. In other words, are Green/Brown springs truly essential or merely advisable?

And please, only people that really KNOW their stuff should reply, don't try and provide a helpful guess if you don't have the necessary experience.

As always, thanks in advance guys.
Frogmella is offline   Reply With Quote