View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:24   #4
selwol
Regular poster

exrover75 saloon owner gone to a good home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
Doing a front spring on my "donor" 04 ZT which I am having to use as a daily drive after a local garage destroyed the front suspension on my 56 ZT!

So far I have found that it comes out pretty much OK, watch out for the brake pipe connection, mine came apart/broke so another little job to fix.

The springs! COMPLETE AND UTTER %^$£"!& f(^%$*g things.

I currently have one with around 20 ty raps around it and 2 spring compressors from screwfix and it still will not compress enough to get the strut through onto the top bearing. ratchet straps and a couple more spring compressors waiting in the wings to finish compressing it and it might just be enough!

Notice NO-ONE has posted pictures of a front spring removal and REPLACEMENT! Not that I can find anyway! if I am wrong please put the link up. we will be most gratefull.

While you have the spring out put as many new parts on it as humanly and budget restraints allow! Top bearings, shocks, ball joints drop links everything, do it once and do it right.

My spring is in my mates unit so will post a picture of it tomorrow if he sends me it through.
just read your post and have a question, have you left the top bearing attached to the wing, if so the easy way is to undo the three nuts and fit it to the strut off the car
selwol is offline   Reply With Quote