View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 19:14   #75
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there!
Phil

Yes that was the place I was thinking about, memory loss starts to occur at my age, but it was back in 1976 when I was in Kenya, quite a few year ago, but was great to finally meet you and your good lady today, and hope that you enjoyed the company of some of the Northern lads, think that the location was a great location for the meet today, and as always the company was good

I spent a bit of time talking to both you and Fred and reminiscing over old times

I enjoyed the drive across the moors as well, in little red, as it is only the second time it has been out of the garage this year.

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155

Last edited by Fusilier; 11th August 2013 at 19:17..
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote