View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 19:06   #73
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Well I'm back home after a smashing afternoon on top of the moors.
An superb steak and ale pie, an afternoon of excellent company, plenty of car chat, lovely sunshine (but a bit breezy and the opportunity) to meet some new (and old!) faces. Brilliant way to spend a Sunday afternoon - thanks to everybody for being such good company - and especially Ronnie (I still think she was bit young mate ) and Nigel for organising it.
I have a feeling that Phil and Jessica may just have taken a shine to North Yorkshire
Hope everybody got (or is getting!) home safely - I know Phil took some photos which I hope he'll post later - I've just found my camera on the dining table at home where I left it - doh!
Many thanks for the framed photo of the moors in winter and the other one of the moors in the colours of summer. Something we will treasure. We loved seeing everyone who came. Good company with many stories and laughs to share. The drive from the car park across the moors, was spectacular and we enjoyed going with everyone. The pretty villages and going around the sheep was something else Thanks to Ronnie for organising the pub and for getting it together. The army stories Stu of your time in Kenya were fascinating. Kahawa Barracks could be where you remembered the army stores. We sometimes see Landy's with the 2 knives insignia out on the roads Nigel it was a treat for Jessica to meet your wife and to save her from the car talk. What a lovely lady she is. Colin thanks for keeping us in order at the head of the table. The lads do have fun pulling your leg .....We took another route back and stopped for photos, ending up at Whitby Abbey. There was some beautiful views to be seen. We did enjoy lapping up the northern hospitality. A big thanks for making us welcome Sorry to prattle on.... I will sort out the photos when I am back in London oh darn! I got lots of pics but none of who was there!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote