Old 5th October 2020, 06:57   #11994
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Try one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO282 View Post
Wow, that reads like a disaster movie John, perhaps the god of Rover is not pleased with the puny offering of a Fiat !!

I don't know if that is the omen, perhaps drive the Panda over winter while you get stuck into sorting out your car??

I would have seen it as a sign personally.......

Hopefully it won't prove to be a costly mistake, and the two cars can become stablemates.
The Fiat Panda is the same as the 500 under the upper body, the 500 is quite a car and the 1.2 tops over 100mph with some power in reserve. The Fiats also have galvanised bodies and are easy to work on, as a winter car they fit the bill very well, I did Wigan to Swansea and back on A roads on under a tankful in a 500, try doing that in a 75! Another plus is you can have a snapped timing belt and be underway again in less than 20 minutes, a clutch is under £50 to buy and takes an hour to fit, the heater in the cabin makes it too hot to breathe if you turn it full on, there's many benefits to a Panda or 500 with very little downside, as a winter car they take some beating.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote