View Single Post
Old 8th December 2019, 09:55   #428
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 6 months today I moved into...................

....................................... my New home. And a lot has happened in that time. I’ve had more visitors in that 6 months than I did have in 6 years when I lived up in Barkingside. Had people staying over, a rarity in Barkingside. In fact only had 2 people stay over in 6 years. Those stairs had a lot to answer for. But that’s the past. Today and tomorrow is that all that matters now.
The sad part is I have no inclination or yearning to return up to London. I know I have family, well not many, up there but I just cannot be bothered.

Made so many new friends down here, mainly through the MG clubs. Now have a totally different social life, even more hectic since I took over the reins in the club shop. Hoping to live up to Brian’s standards. Banana and the Bear have more admirers than before. Been asked to show the pair at various shows, especially with the Cornish MGOC.
Still involved with the Southwest Crew, along with 31 others we are off to the IOW next weekend. Watch out for Banana’s mini tour report.

Gobsmacked to have won an award last night, all light hearted fun. I have to give the trophy back next year but I get to keep the certificate. Makes me feel happy.
Got good report from the doctors, now have cut down on tablet intake so now feeling better in myself. Got the all clear after my last health scare. Still have the arthritis but that’s in the back of my mind.
Cut back by 75 percent on eating diary products. Cut out chocolate, but still have the occasional choccy bikkie. Cut the comfort food down to the minimum. Still have the occasional bag of crisps.

Lost a bit of weight. But intend to do more exercise over the next year. Going to gut the rear garden, the greenhouse is awaiting a new floor. Garage has been cleared out. Took a load of stuff up to the Sue Ryder charity shop. Most of that stuff I brought down from Essex 18 months ago, some of it was never unpacked.
The model car collection has grown a bit, and have a couple of commission builds to do.

Still cooking and loving it. Started having proper roast dinners on regular basis. Still love a chunk of steak, love a good casserole done in the slow cooker. Actually cooked a proper breakfast this morning. Cannot wait for Allen to finish off my breakfast bar. Loved watching him yesterday when he built the unit boxing my tv in. A proper perfectionist was a delight to observe. Gives me the confidence to try a few jobs myself. Not had that confidence for years.

Allen took me out to the boatyard yesterday to show me the progress he has made on his boat building skills. Wow! What a difference to the last time I saw her. All the inside is virtually finished, engines still to go in along with the fuel & fresh water tanks. Still needs a new coat of paint on the hull. The bilge plates have yet to be put back on. Allen is hoping to get her back into the water this time next year.

So all in all life is treating me well. I still miss my Val, and will always. Still talk to her every day, asking her advice. Still talk to myself, well I need expert advice.

So No Going Back............................ever.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote