View Single Post
Old 11th September 2019, 15:29   #94
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post

Where I live pavement parking has become the norm and as I have posted earlier pedestrians are forced into the road and wheelchair users, well just cannot use the pavement at all. But if the neighbours across the road didn't park on the pavement I would have real difficulty getting on and off my driveway and traffic flow would be worse and lorries etc would not pass. But still I'm dead against pavement parking.
No such reason here, providing they use a bit of common sense and don't park right opposite someone's drive. Even a lorry parked fully on the road, would not prevent another lorry getting past without much difficulty - yet many just see it as fine to block the narrow pavement with their cars. Between pavements blocked by cars and vans, and people's over-grown hedges, there is little space or point left in trying to use the pavement by pedestrians, pram pushers and those with disability scooters.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 11th September 2019 at 15:54..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote