View Single Post
Old 15th February 2020, 14:55   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
In posts 3 and 6 MarinaBrian, who presents himself as an expert on the immobiliser and associated ECUs, made two suggestions which turned out not to be the case. Now that those have been eliminated, I would expect him to return with relish to give you the definitive diagnosis.

Simon
Well as you've requested so politely Simon, here I am returning to give you the definitive diagnosis

This post contains pictures to explain in detail to those members in the Middlesex area, what actually was the problem with the OP's ECU set.

If you're sitting comfortably, I shall begin....................

The transponder in the top casing covered in black goo is the one identified as having a data fault, the lower casing, can anyone spot what the issue is with that?

After resetting the sync on the transponder with the data fault, it now identifies as key two and will start the car

Here we have the ECU identification of the OP's car

And finally the live data of the car running

So what does this all say?, a question directed specifically at our reaident armchair expert Simon SD1too

Well for one, never assume a diagnosis is incorrect and then come back attempting to gloat because you think you know better, as you may find yourself looking a little foolish

If you don't have a valid transponder in a key, the car will not start, if you have no transponder in the key at all in the car it will definitely not start

Neither the above points are the case now, as the OP will have two fully functional key transponders at his disposal once he receives the parcel containing his bits and bobs

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ews key ident.jpg (128.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg mems ident.jpg (132.6 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg running mems.jpg (131.5 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg key transponders.jpg (142.5 KB, 115 views)