Thread: ABS Problem
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2019, 08:45   #1
geofftl1000r
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon in Moonstone Green

Default ABS Problem

Hi All,
My faithful 75 has become a little sick. Sorry for the lengthy post.
About a week ago the ABS light and brake light came on. Then went off and on a few times every 30 seconds or so. When the ABS light was on, the speedo worked, when the ABS light went off the Speedo stopped working.
The brake light has been off since this originally happened. The ABS light is now on permanently but as the car pulls away or comes to a halt the ABS light will start to pulse.
As a starting point, I took my new spare sensor and plugged it into each of the 4 ABS connectors but the ABS fails the phase one check each time. The ABS light will fail to light at all if I leave 1 of the ABS sensors unplugged.
The previous owner must have had a battery leak at some point as there were signs of damage to the ABS module and wiring. The ABS module was replaced several years ago but I fear the plug/cabling is now the issue.
Is there a trusted T-4 person around the Gatwick area as I think this will be my next step. Also, is anyone breaking a 75 and could provide the ABS module connector and say a foot or wiring? Not looking forward to that job.
Thanks
Geoff

"I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left"

Last edited by geofftl1000r; 14th January 2019 at 08:47..
geofftl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote