View Single Post
Old 16th June 2021, 21:44   #10
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Know what you're getting at Steve, but being a bit pedantic just "this once" one could point out that taking a break after four hours is no bad thing and is the advice offered by various agencies.

Kev
I would agree on the break every 4 hours but having to sit there for over an hour and potentially longer if no charge points are available could turn a long journey into a nightmare journey. I know when I visit a friend in Aberdeen it is usually an 8 or 9 hour drive, I usually spilt it with a 30 min stop about half way and it feels about right, having to sit at the halfway point for over an hour would mean we would get there a lot later or have to leave a lot earlier as potentially we would have to stop twice with an electric car especially if done at night or conditions that put a higher demand on the battery. Having spoken to owners of electric car they find that systems like A/C, Heating or wet weather can shorten the range by as much as 30%

Interesting about the cost of synthetic petrol but I suspect once it is produced in volume this would come down but maybe if the amount of cars using the proper stuff are reduced it would come down like what happened in lock down 1.

There will be a lot of classic cars still needing petrol in some form and I think it will still be available for many more years even if restricted or only at some time of the day from selected outlets, demand will control this.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote