Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2009, 18:37   #27
ChineseRover
Banned

Rover 75 2.5 Conn automatic

Interesting that a site dedicated to the support of a British car should have so many posts belittling our national carrier....

I have flown with them since they were BOAC and BEA and sure the quality has gone down, but then so has the price and everyone must see the trade-off between these two. I also see that the price for most European flights is now little different to the low cost airlines yet BA still operate from convenient airports and still have some semblance of cabin service.

I am now too old to travel in the back of the aircraft and can report that BA’s service is very good in Business on the long haul routes with attentive, friendly staff serving good food and drink and good lounges at most airports (except HK!). If you want a quality service you have to pay for it!

I had almost zero sympathy with the cabin crews’ grievances in general and any shred disappeared when they said the loss of one crew member on the long haul flights meant that the Chief Steward now has to help serve the food and drink. How on earth was a filling in his time on a 12 hour flight before this radical change (doing spreadsheets somewhere?). I also understand the real gripe is the plans to scale back the fabulous perks.

Hopefully the cabin crew will come to their senses and realise that a slightly less perk filled job is better than the alternative of a weekly outing to the Labour Exchange.

I appreciate they are not called Chief Stewards any more but “Directors” of Cabin Services but the title “Director” is now meaningless as everyone seems to have it in their job title whereas the old title tells you all you need to know about the role.
ChineseRover is offline   Reply With Quote