View Single Post
Old 19th April 2020, 10:12   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post

It is an easy enough job Mark; once the wheel is off then undo two bolts and remove the brake caliper, undo the Torx bolt and remove the brake disc, unstake and undo the hub nut and with the hub off you can inspect and repair as required.

If you are doing both sides then swap the hub nuts over and you should find a fresh bit of rim to stake.

You will need a torque wrench that will go up to 210Nm for the hub nuts though. I bought one years ago on Ebay from a lorry fitter who had retired. Cheap enough but I did have to recalibrate it.
It’s worth noting that in some cases when you remove the hub part of the bearing can seize to the hub spigot. I personally wouldn’t strip to check just for the sake of it and only if there’s an issue but I’m maybe just unlucky

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote