View Single Post
Old 19th April 2020, 09:05   #6
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Hang onto the wheel bearing if it's quiet Mike, as all that need be replaced is the GACO seal with a good one from a clapped out bearing

That is exactly the same fault as the ZT a few weeks back, and interestingly enough, if you clear the faults, then drive for some distance with cruise enabled, it will give you which wheel is giving the plausibility error.

The same fault is also incurred if the car is driven with a space saver spare fitted, or a single tyre of the wrong profile

If I have an issue like this, I find a quiet straight stretch of road, or a car park, then driving slowly in a straight line watch the live data from the ABS sensor overview.

It is almost always possible to detect which wheel is causing the problem, as the readout from one wheel will momentarily drop

Brian

Thanks Bri - I'll try those tips the next time it happens.

Funnily enough I saved a good magnetic reluctor ring a year or two ago and had it on the shelf in the garage. Thought I'd use it as the bearing that came off was still good but I had a tidy up a couple of months ago and now I can't find it.

It will turn up sooner or later (probably when I'm looking for something else) and then I'll have a good spare for future use.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote