View Single Post
Old 19th April 2020, 08:57   #5
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Mike.
My MGZT had the very same corrosion of the OS rear back plate which in turn eventually damages the bearing & or the sensor, its very funny though 9 time out of 10 its always the OS

Hope you are keeping well and staying safe

Hi Steve, yes strange the offside suffers more often - I'd have thought the nearside would get more road salt splashed up in winter.

Keeping well thanks as I hope you and yours are. Working this week as I'm a food packaging engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
Is there an advantage to getting the hubs inspected, and maintained BEFORE the problem appears, and the problem becoming more expensive ?

It is an easy enough job Mark; once the wheel is off then undo two bolts and remove the brake caliper, undo the Torx bolt and remove the brake disc, unstake and undo the hub nut and with the hub off you can inspect and repair as required.

If you are doing both sides then swap the hub nuts over and you should find a fresh bit of rim to stake.

You will need a torque wrench that will go up to 210Nm for the hub nuts though. I bought one years ago on Ebay from a lorry fitter who had retired. Cheap enough but I did have to recalibrate it.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote