View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 15:34   #1
sjr
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 & Ford Mustang 5.0 GT

Default New ECU T4 session

Hi,
I have a 75 V8, that has a fault code PO443 (Evaporative emissions circuit), I had spares of all the sensors in this circuit, so I swapped these over, I also checked all of the hoses, and checked the wiring in this circuit. Some one else had this problem and it was a fault with the ECU.

I purchased a new ECU, and booked a Session with a local garage that had a T4.
Once the new ECU was fitted, the car would turn over, but not start (This was expected), when the guy tried to program the ecu the way he normally does, the screen said that “The T4 does not support this”, he then tried something else and it seemed to work, but he was concerned, as he seemed to have bypassed a certain step.

He tried the car, and it started straight up, but the engine light was still on, he then cleared the light, but it came back on the instant the ignition was switched on.
I connected my diy code reader, it said I have one fault code and three pending, none of these was the original PO443, I now had po446, po453 & po462 as pending faults and P1639 as a constant fault.

P1639 says DTC definition not found/VID block not programmed, this must be done when programming the ecu.

I know the V8 cars and T4 machines don’t seem to get along very well, but does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Justin
sjr is offline   Reply With Quote