View Single Post
Old 11th June 2022, 14:04   #13700
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Hi,spent a week taking out a seized front wheel bearing on the MG 260,put in new bearing and sensor now have an ABS warning message on the display,have tried everything mentioned to clear it but no joy,hope it's not the ABS modulator,if so got three weeks left on the MOT then looks like a possible long SORN.It came on when the bearing seized,didn't realise it had seized till I got home and was checking the brakes before an early MOT which had to be canceled.I presume the seized bearing must have scrambled the ABS software.
Anyway today to clear my brain off the problem installed the Mini handbrake compensator to it.Not easy as it had a custom carpet made and fitted over the original so had to fit it over a double thickness carpet.Also found the handbrake warning switch contact had fallen off so now have a handbrake warning light on the dash which I never noticed was missing.Back to the ABS problem today/tomorrow.Regards Ry.....
hi ry.hope your well !!. was the new sensor exactly the same length as the old one ,and the seating area on the hub cleaned, and seated at the correct distance from the reluctor ring ? these two are important things as is the bearing being the correct side over (no disrespect ) i dont know about the differences between the hubs on the 75 and 260 regarding a mounting bolt for the sensor , as people have put them in facing away !! have you driven the car since fitting, as i know that the system will do a static test and then a rolling test and the light will remove itself if they both pass. failing that there are posts on here to check currents to and from the abs unit. maybe someone will be along shortly to advise you as im by no means an expert . ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote