View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 16:50   #38
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I was given the option of one of these scam courses, and told them I would like to attend court instead.

When I attended the court, I was given ample opportunity to run rings around the traffic officer, and that is exactly what I did.

The magistrates deliberated for around fifteen minutes, after which the case against me was dismissed.

I then claimed for my loss of earnings for the time taken in court and this was also awarded to me.

The point I'm trying to make here is quite simple, the court system is not as everyone believes skewed in favour of the police, and if you have a valid point to make, or indeed a technical point to make where the police have not adhered strictly to the letter of the law, then it is up to you whether you feel strongly enough about it to take the calculated "risk" of attending court.

Far to many individuals take this sort of nonsense lying down, and opt for the "easy way out", I would never accept an offer of any awareness course, and if I believed myself to be in the wrong, would opt to take the penalty points and fine instead.

I've certainly have better things to do with my time to be "educated" about the dangers of speed.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote