View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 16:00   #34
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp61973 View Post
Cobblers; I am talking about fines from police speed awareness courses (which is the subject here), not fines for people who choose not to attend or are not given the opportunity to attend.

Ref, you initial post..........

No, I was debating this with a professional trainer who couldn't deliver a counter argument. What is going to a court judge to do with the price of mature cheddar?
I suspect that I am in need of being educated. My understanding is that if a Speed Awareness Course is offered it is in lieu of a fine/prosecution i.e. there is no fine if a speed awareness course is offered and accepted. There is a fee to cover the cost of the course, but this is not a fine. It is the cost of the provision of the course.

Have I misunderstood the facts?

The speed awareness course is not the place to debate the relative causes of accidents - you are there because you have effectively pleaded guilty to a wrongdoing and the course is intended to hopefully guide you to not do it again.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote