View Single Post
Old 27th May 2017, 12:57   #11
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simondhopkins View Post
My vagcom cable turned up this morning, did the solder 7-8 pin mod, installed the drivers that came with the vagcom NOT the ones on toaf website as they don't work with it, plugged it in, started toaf in administrator mode, it saw the com port (my case com3 as had 2 other with bluetooth) hit connect and boom it worked... And oh my god where there some errors on the ecu, bcu, lcm, srs, abs, but these were mainly due to work that I knew had to be done in the past when it was the father in laws car. Now only error I have is drivers airbag wheel resistance too hig (so new clock spring ordered first ) .

And now I have once touch windows all round, 30% drl, follow me home lights, open all windows on key unlock (pity wont work on fob like my old focus did but still better than club spec) you can access everything on this software.

But please for the love of god every time you click a new module, hit backup fist and store it safe.

What a great piece of software and my bro in laws dad has a saloon 75 so can see if he wants any mods.

Next up, try and find a map to upload to make its a 160 ( saw in options xpower ps135 / ps160) but im guessing thats just a marker and not an actual map)
Yes that sounds like ZCS coding options, and changing those should be done very cautiously

There are no actual mapping files contained in the TOAF software, nor is it capable of downloading to the ECM.

The VN string of data is misleading if you are not aware of how it operates in relation to the rest of the car, and altering it will not result in any changes being made.

For instance if a car was to have 180 as the first three digits of the VN string, it would be seen to be a diesel 135, however with those same three digits being 008 ie 160PS, it would be seen as either a V6 ZT or an 1800T ZT, depending upon the GM data contained in the car, and not a 160PS diesel

It's a nice thought though

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote