View Single Post
Old 8th March 2019, 17:53   #1
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Default Budget tyre review

I don't normally run budget tyres, in fact in the past I have fitted part worn premiums rather than have budget tyres on the car. This has been backed up by several budget tyres I've inherited on wheels or used cars which were usually frightening in the wet.

So after reading nothing but good reviews of a certain tyre and a chat with a few people who had them, I bought 4 Three-A P606's for the ZT-T. This was approx 13 months ago. Now I don't rag this car, it's a daily commuter car - a diesel auto so I don't drive it hard. It has however covered 16k miles wearing them in all sorts of conditions including snow last year when they were almost new. The tyres have been great, quiet, grippy even in the wet and have worn well. I've not measured but the fronts look like about 3-4mm left and the rears 5mm.

To compare, over the last few years I've had a couple of ZT's and a 75 wearing Conti's, Hancook, various budget tyres and Nexen 8000's. I'd have to say these are as good if not better than the Nexens.

MOT next month, then I'll be looking for another pair for the fronts so I hope they are still available

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote