View Single Post
Old 13th August 2019, 20:37   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Pork n cider pie...............

.................................... with a jacket potato and minted mushy peas washed down with a couple pints of Robinson’s Flagon cider. Much needed after today. No single malts this evening, early start tomorrow.

So after we left Hidcote gardens we drove back to Toddington to the preserved railway. We are going tomorrow but we wanted to see what was running, and we go past the place on our way back to the hotel. Michael seemed to be in better frame of mind, and I decided to leave best alone.
By the time we got to the railway the dark clouds had gone and the temperature had climbed to 23 degrees.

We checked out the times of the trains for tomorrow and we decided on trying to get on the first one at 10am. Michael said that we could do it ok providing he ate his breakfast quicker than this morning, without talking so much.
We decided on another pot of tea and a bun before wending our way back to the hotel. I said that when we left I would need to get some juice for the Bear.
And with that we left. Stopped just before the M5 and tanked up.

Soon thundering back to the hotel. Took a chance on seeing if there was any space in the car park, and there was. Parked in the same spot as yesterday. We decided to go for a wander before dinner, we was pubbing it tonight. We went back up to the church as I wanted to get a photo of that stunning leaded window I mentioned in yesterday’s report. And we found the heritage centre on our way back. And that was very interesting reading about Ledbury. I knew it was a market town but was unaware of it’s history in jam making. Plus this is where Atora suet came from originally.
Then there was the wool trade, plus the cider making and where the Tilley car was made. That had a short life span.

Back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner. We met up in reception at 7pm and wandered over to the Prince of Wales for dinner.
Very interesting old pub, low ceilings. 2 bars and a smokers beer garden. The bill for our food plus beer came to £30, about the same price as a bottle of Merlot over at the hote.
I was getting tired now, been a long eventful day what with one thing and another.

Let’s hope tomorrow fares better.................................
Note to self, buy a shovel just in case!!!!!!

Many thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote