View Single Post
Old 13th August 2019, 05:22   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Have to keep the reports short..........

....................................... As the Wi-Fi here is not very good. My ipad deems the network to be unsecure and keeps blocking me.

Good run up yesterday till we got to the other side of the M4 then we was lead car in a rolling roadblock. The X5 police vehicle pushed everyone into the outside lane. The rolling matrix with my reg no on show kept slowing me down till I was told to stop.
I counted 6 police and 4 fire engines hurtling down the hard shoulder towards more blue lights in the distance. We was held for about 20 minutes before being allowed to continue.

Once past the incident, involving 4 cars, we planted the loud pedal up to Warp Factor 3. The Bear lifted up her nose and we was back on track. Soon onto the M50 and turning off to Ledbury on the A417. Had very impatient Range Rover behind me till we got onto a open stretch and then the Bear left them in her dust.
Now the hotel has changed the entrance to their car park so I needed to find how to get in. Up and down a few streets before locating the very narrow entrance.
But as I was early I went down to the station to await Michael's arrival on the Iron Horse. Once there I phoned him expecting to get the answerphone but he answered.

Not long to wait till the train pulled in. Loaded his bags into the car. Now to find my way back remembering that the car park entrance was in a one way street, so after a few u turns we found the car park entrance. Oh! My! It was tight and only one space left as well. Still the Bear was parked up. Unloaded and checked in. And the hotel had made a mistake in our rooms. Michael stood his ground and eventually it was sorted out.
But before finding our rooms we opted for a pint to settle the dust. The porter offered to take our bags up for us.
£11.36 for 2 pints of beer, just ordinary bitter. Even Michael was shocked, dearer than London prices.

Then to our rooms. And we agreed to meet up for a wander around the town before dinner, eating in the hotel this evening.
Found my room up in the gods. Had to walk up the room to get to the bed but it was downhill to the bathroom. Lovely old OK panels on the walls. Canopy over the bed. Coffee and tea making facilities. All the usual stuff you would find in a top notch hotel.
Had my tea and went and waited for Michael. As per norm he was late, fell asleep. Spent the journey down asleep on the train.
Still we had a nice walk around the town before stumbling across a cute tea room set a square off of the High Street. I do like a cuppa.

Then we found our way up to the church aptly named St. Michael's. Absolutely beautiful best describes it. There is an amazing leaded window that was put in in 1971. A son had the window made and was dedicated to his late Mum and Dad. We had a very uplifting feeling within those hallowed walls. Made me remember a few memories from distance past, happy memories.
We found a watering hole, The Prince of Wales and stopped for a swift half before return g to the hotel for dinner.

To be continued
Excuse the spelling mistakes but using the small ipad.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote