Old 19th June 2019, 08:36   #146924
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning all.

I wasn't overly bothered the results hadn't appeared as I knew I had the appointment coming up anyway Phil but now I'll need to chase them up to find out if anything was discovered. The GI unit seems so inept that the fact they haven't contacted me instils no sense of reassurance! Incidentally, the receptionist at the outpatient's department mentioned I was the third one to turn up for the non existent GI clinic Not a clue, nobody has ever mentioned a time limit.
Good morning Steve, Aspirin is well known for causing the stomach to bleed in people who are susceptible, it’s worth asking about it. However it’s useful in preventing heart attacks. Do chase up your GI appointment. In January this year, my younger brother’s PSA level was raised. All the scans were negative and the oncologist said, the cancer is there, it’s just that we can’t find it. Last month he was sent to Oxford to have a special test called a PET scan, which shows up cancer cells up in colours. He had the scan and it’s showing a new spread to the bones. He has been free of Prostate cancer for 4 years. I don’t know if it would have made any difference, if he had the PET scan in January or not. He has started on hormone/chemo therapy, the oncologist says the treatment offers good results. So trying to stay positive it’s going to work. From my own experience Steve, presume nothing. Keep at them and keep well.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote