Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 1st September 2018, 18:27   #174
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Where has the summer gone, can’t believe how quick it’s been, well at least we did get some lovely weather so managed to slip away a few times for a break.
Still got the two 75’s with the Wedgewood now on SORN and now running my “project car” the Zircon Silver V6 Connoisseur SE.
After years driving a car with no sunroof I’m now driving two with a sunroof as the CLS has one. It’s been a bonus with the exceptional weather, it was so warm I decided to get the aircon recharged on the Zircon so I’ve really been enjoying this summer.
The CLS is a superb car with loads of modern features and very sporty styling for an estate. It’s also quite an exclusive car on the road, as on a recent trip down south we only spotted one other CLS Shooting Brake.
However like the XF I also compare the CLS against the 75 and yet again I’ve found the seating comfort on a long run the 75 still comes up trumps in first place. Not bad for 17 year old car.

Back to the Wedgewood, I’ve not forgotten about it as I spent a weekend recently carrying out a pre MOT check. I’ve fitted new discs and pads to the rear plus fitted almost new discs and pads to the front which I had left over from the Zircon when I fitted new ones.
The only thing it will require I reckon are a new set of wiper blades and two new tyres as the fronts are showing some cracking on the sidewalls even though they’re only half worn.

Watch this space !
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote