This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Pulsacoil are made by Gledhill as you correctly point out
Gledhill do a fixed price repair.
https://www.gledhill-response.net/one-off-repairs/

In its simplest explanation it is a hot water cyl at low pressure (open vented) heated electrically. it has a cold water mains pipe running through it. Due to conduction the mains pressure water goes in cold and comes out hot.

There is a train of thought that having it "too hot" saves money. ( it makes you put the plug in the sink and add cold so hot water is not running directly down the drain ).

If the appliance proves to be working correctly and the sensor isn't faulty there is a mixer valve we used to set up and use in establishments where people were vulnerable to being scalded, this can be set to mix the hot and cold water to a temp of your choice before it reaches the tap. Depending where you fit this device it could be for one hot tap or all hot taps.
Thank you very much Dave for going into this. We looked at the Gledhill package which is for warranty repairs valid for 12 months. This includes parts, but not labour, they don’t do anything in between. Jessica managed to find the installers who fitted the system and she has gone ahead and asked them to visit on Monday. I can ask about a mixer valve. The instruction manual says it’s set to 50C-55C to kill off bacteria, but that feels hot to me.

Anyway Dave, thank you for coming back. I knew you would understand
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote