Thread: bonnet lock.
View Single Post
Old 18th October 2019, 12:32   #5
chaselpaso

Rover 75 saloon CDTi Auto.connoissuer

Smile bonnet lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
May I suggest Chas, that the half moon catches in the slam panel holes are not fully out, & so not catching the pins. If you slacken the 2 bolts either side of the holes a fraction, then have someone pull the interior bonnet release handle a few times, you should see the half moon catches move in & out. Put some grease on these & work them a few times to loosen. HTH's
Thank you Suzublu. I was not aware of the exact function of the lock. A friend of mine , a motor mechanic came to help. The catches would not move so he removed the front grill and fully undid the two bolts. the units dropped but were held up by the cables. By putting his hand through the grill and the fan blade we were able to apply WD40 and a fine oil to the catches. We disconnected the cable J/B and eventually got them moving by pulling the cables at that point. re-connected the J/B as per Jules mod and it now responds to the lever and close each time . Many thanks for your helpfull advice and to the Rover club for the system, Chas .
chaselpaso is offline   Reply With Quote