View Single Post
Old 24th September 2019, 12:55   #5
frostybot1977
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Lee,

Don't forget that there are three belts, not one, to renew on the KV6 engine. The most important thing is to ensure that the tensioner and idler pulleys are examined for bearing wear and renewed if necessary. It is these which place the front belt at risk. If renewed, the tensioner pulley needs to be adjusted by following these instructions which are not in the MG Rover dealer manual or included with Gates products.

As far as garage prices are concerned, I don't have direct experience of this because I did the job myself. There is an awful lot of work involved and I believe that you should expect a quote around £800. More important than price however is use of the special service tools so ask specifically (1) whether the garage has done this job before on a KV6 and (2) whether they used and have the service tools. The answer should be yes and yes.

Simon
Had 3 quotes so far ranging from £500 to £700, but the garages that won't quote immediately say they don't have the correct tools without me asking.
frostybot1977 is offline   Reply With Quote