View Single Post
Old 25th June 2016, 00:54   #1023
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Your right, funny how things change, over here ,most mothers able to stay at home and look after their children are considered very lucky now and alot of those having to work envy them as some just cant afford to live on one wage.
The issue really is.with child care costs here taking 2/3rds of a weekly wage,some people are working a week for $100 AUD after paying child care costs.
No matter what anyone says there is not substitute to having a parent at home if possible.All just depends on peoples priorities in life I guess.
Some very interesting and informative posts on this subject; it may not necessarily be down to priorities in life; it may be down to necessity; eg: a parent working as a manager at BHS will now need to take alternative arrangements RE: childcare; for example; working two jobs to get anywhere near the same wage.

One may take this principle and apply it to those affected by the closure of steel plants around the UK...

Or any job- a large number have been lost in all professions!

This is the biggest challenge ALL politicians have now; the fact is that most are out of touch with; and do not truly reflect and represent the communities they are elected to serve.

Very few have been at the so called "Grass Roots" level...

The referendum shows that "The grass roots" are extremely dissatisfied with the way they are being treated and are not about to be pushed around and threatened!

I'd have thought that would obviousl when looking back through our history!

🏓

Last edited by Leyland Worldmaster; 25th June 2016 at 00:57..