View Single Post
Old 7th November 2018, 13:39   #18
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
I've really lost count of the many instrument packs I've had to sort out after people have "jump started" their cars the usual one is the 999999 issue due to a voltage spike.

Then the instrument pack needs stripping, eeprom reprogrammed, reassembled and then configured correctly on T4.

My advice take it or leave it, is unless it's really absolutely necessary is to avoid using a battery or booster to start a car take the battery off and charge it

Often it doesn't take too long to get enough charge in it for it to start a car.

Russ

I appreciate the advice which will certainly help in certain home breakdowns however it doesn't help if you're stuck miles from home. Either yourself or a breakdown company are going to have to jump start it somehow which presumably is why people wish to carry a starter pack in case they get stranded at some point.

I have seen some of the packs claim to have anti spike technology ( I think NOCO claims that it has anti spike protection and anti spark technology on the clamps)

Last edited by bendrick; 7th November 2018 at 13:49..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote