View Single Post
Old 15th December 2006, 17:52   #10
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads

MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshtony View Post
Can anyone point me to some pics or schematics showing the undercar exhaust layout for the 75 v8 (54 plate)?

I ask cos mine has apparently lost a rubber retaining bracket of some kind off a crossmember support (I think it may have broken off a couple of weeks back, on going over a rather aggressive road hump), but the garage I'm using don't seem to be getting any agreement from their Rover source as to what the fitting should look like. The data sheet they've been given (as the standard fitting) shows a different pipe configuration from the one on my car.

Not having viewed the underside of the car, I'm unsure exactly where this bracket/crossmember is, but believe it's towards the front (ie under the front seats area).

Sorry for the non-technical explanation, but I'm just about capable of filling it with petrol (and have to do that much too often)!

And, assuming I can determine what it should be, any pointers towards a source for the part would also be welcome!

I think you may be talking about the rubbers at the top of this picture. Yes/No?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote