Thread: Electric cars
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2022, 13:44   #173
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Dont think it is doom mongering asking the questions as to how this brave new zero emissions world is actually going to function and affect everyone.
It is fine having all these “deep green” philosophies which would be great if they actually had real workable solutions attached to their ideals instead “it will all work out some how”
I have still yet to here a realistic solution to storing a base load power supply
from solar or wind during peak load times (6pm-8pm) when there is no sun
and no wind. A battery storage facility would take up a massive amount of space
and would not be financially viable.
There will have to be gas or coal fired power to some degree or another for some time yet otherwise lights will go out!
So in reality the “deep greens” are big on ideas but short on reality.
Unfortunately they have to contend with the reality of the laws of physics- or do they ? All sounds warm and fuzzy until you actually examine the reality!!
None of what you said makes any sense or is based on fact. Battery storage does not take up a massive amounts of space and has been proven to be financially viable plus if the government actually did things properly for once they could mandate vehicle to grid on new cars and chargers which means the national grid would gain a massive storage capacity for very little outlay.

I'm not a 'green' by any stretch of the imagination however I think that anything that reduces out dependence on foreign oil and gas can only be a good thing. Energy independence would give our economy a serious boost.