View Single Post
Old 8th June 2022, 20:01   #216
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Whether you like Boris or not, there will always be dissenters - those who are Remainers, those passed over for office, those sacked because they were not up to scratch and those who want lower/higher taxes. ........
You forgot to mention good, honest, decent people who would like to see some honesty and standards in public life, especially from the very top of the country's leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
.........Who would be PM for a salary dwarfed by Trade Union Leaders, CEOs, Civil Servants and Council Officials?
I wouldn't!
I don't remember anyone twisting BoJO's arm to become PM - in fact someone who knows him said earlier this week that it will take a group of people with revolvers to drag him out of the PM job. In any case, your wording seems to imply, at least to someone with my questionable standards of English, that we can only expect a corrupt PM of extremely low morals. Is this really all we should aspire to from our leaders?