View Single Post
Old 12th May 2022, 17:41   #9
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
When we moved into our house, some twenty years ago, we were told that the land opposite was "green belt" and could never be built on. It's full of Persimmons boxes made of ticky tacky now!
I don't think there's any such thing as green belt anymore. I remember years ago in Bristol, the ring road was supposed to be the limit of the houses. They'd be built up to, but not beyond the road. Within a couple of years there was a housing estate split across the road, but that was going to be a one off, making use of old factory land. Now a mile down the road there is a massive estate that is build up to the ring road all the way down to the next junction. From the next junction on is a big industrial park...

I think Corby has not far off doubled in size now. The next town down, Kettering, seems to be expanding on all sides. And they're all stupid prices. We looked at a new persimmon home a couple of years ago, but everything was an optional extra, even the garden was just left as mud! Some flats have just been built down the road from us, 2 bedrooms, kitchen/dining room/lounge all in 1 room, £235,000. We only paid £250,000 for our 4 bed house a couple of years ago!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote