Thread: Care Homes
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:31   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I do know that the NHS was in a panic situation and the severe limit on capacity had been a cause for alarm for some time. It seems that making way for the projected and expected huge numbers, following those terrifying TV promises of Armageddon, was the primary motivation for a panic situation.

Given the hindsight of subsequent events, it seems reasonable to assume there was an undignified and dangerous imperative to just do it and worry later. Perhaps, as ever, the decisions made by senior staff, those who never actually meet the public, are questionable - long after the event.
Yes, the NHS was in panic mode. I wrote to my MP to say that NHS England would fail everyone. But what do I know! :-}

If my memory cell is still functioning, I believe that hospitals were still considered virus free and thus patients in them would therefore be virus free. Hence it would not be illogical to transfer them without quaranteen measures being undertaken. A very bad error in hindsight but I also warned my MP that asymptomatics would be the real area of concern.

However, some actions beggar belief and it was just the elderly, those with certain medical issues or the the elderly with medical issues need to be the one to shield at the very least (isolation issues would then arise I guess).

Easy to be critical after the event but the Boris overspent in many areas which may never be re-paid or the printed money never withdrawn.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote