View Single Post
Old 27th October 2017, 12:08   #30
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
and that is the crux of it. The nicotine trap. Secretly the government and the whole nicotine industry don't want people to stop smoking, too much money in it. So they brainwash people into thinking they're sooooo addicted they can't stop.....at least not without replacing their addiction with something else.....soething else containing nicotine.....

Allen Carr explains it brilliantly in his book 'the easy way to stop smoking'. Anyone who's still struggling and really, really wants to stop should give it a read.
The thing about nicotine is that it isn't actually any more dangerous to your health than caffeine, nor is it actually any more addictive really. The dangerous part is how you get the nicotine into your system and there are lots of hidden ingredients in cigarettes that are actually the addictive components.

From personal experience; I used to smoke about 30 a day until I discovered vaping and I haven't smoked a single cigarette for over 7 years now. I can go for weeks at a time without vaping and it doesn't really bother me at all.... unless I get a little too drunk.... that would have been unimaginable if I still smoked as after about 6 hours I would have done almost anything to find a cigarette.

Is vaping 'safe'? no, of course not, human lungs were designed to breathe air and nothing else - why do I still vape then? quite simply because I enjoy it in the same way I enjoy a drink every now and again, a strong cup of real coffee in the morning and the occasional cake.

Life is too short to worry about everything being 'safe', after all what is deemed safe today will probably be discovered not to be tomorrow

The Allen Carr book worked for my sister, she bought me a copy and I read it, thought 'yeah, I knew that' and carried on smoking

Save

Last edited by mystabe; 27th October 2017 at 12:14..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote